Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

StudentDonald
Practical

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  16:09:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings!
A couple of questions and comments about code and websites.

1.) I've noticed a growing number of html5 websites that have auto scaling when using a regular/desktop monitor. (That you can click on the Restore Down/Maximize button, grab the corner and push-pull the window in-out and everything scales up and down.) The scaling bottoms out around a width of 2 to 3 inches pending the size of the monitor. In the first ten lines of code there is usually something like the following two lines. What is going on and could this be done with DHE?

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

2.) All the websites I've gone to on an I-phone 4s done in HTML5 seems to work fine. Zooming in/out, zoom to fit works fine as does scrolling in the four directions. Also picking menu and text items. So why all the "going insane" over having a mobile site? Just do your site in HTML5 and let their fingers do the walking. (Please pardon my lack of knowledge here.)

3.) In Microsoft's old Titanic FrontPage you could put all text inside a table/window and do as in question one except the font size would stay the same, collapse and move down. Could this be done with DHE?

Thanks a lot! Kind Regards.

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  08:15:55  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Donald,

1) The definition of a so called "responsive" web page needs a completely new program as you need to setup things in a different way; the most used responsive framework for HTML is the one used/created by twitter guys called "bootstrap"

I used in some projects and it is very good but you need to code your site manually

2) You can continue using HTML4 or HTML5 and create your site with DHE; some companies create also a mobile version of their site because it is more friendly if you need to do specific actions

3) Sorry, in DHE you can only create fixed layouts; this because the program permits you to mix images and text and it generates all automatically for you. Going to a "responsive" layout is quite different and could be also more complex in designing an interface

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000