New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WebSupport101
Practical

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2014 :  06:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any way when using the optional features of "master page" and " footer " to get the exported code to be arranged from top to bottom the way it actually renders in the browser .... my code is coming out with the top banner/head area content at the bottom of the page code ( ie the content from the master page which should be on top in the body code) and the bottom banner/foot content ( ie the content which should be at the bottom of the body code from the footer option ) at the top and middle areas of the body code. This effects Search Engines crawl order of importance ie what they see first and in order of importance in the code but even more the way the page loads as the text and graphic content is loading ahead of the top banner/head graphics and menu system so it is lurching and bouncing ... ?

If there is no way to do it now, can we get an update fix to arrange the code in their logical top to bottom order for these options?

Thanks .. love the product!

oh ps .. I have tried using the "sort objects" menu item but it has not effect on the combined code export

Edited by - WebSupport101 on 05 Feb 2014 07:09:12

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2014 :  02:32:39  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you need to "sort objects" first on the master-page (then save it), then on every imported .dhe files, then in the page content

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

WebSupport101
Practical

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2014 :  02:59:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did try that before I wrote on the blog, I also have tried every combination of sorting, and options ( selections ) that are available and nothing has changed the code order export - I have done 8 sites now all have the same results ... the master page code goes to the bottom of the oode body section and the footer content code ( not the meta stuff ) actually falls above the master page ... it causes some stalling and odd loading issues.
Go to Top of Page

WebSupport101
Practical

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2014 :  05:31:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK!

Figured it out. The only code out of order was the master page which was falling to the very bottom of the <body>. The solution seems a bit counter intuitive but here is what you have to do. On the master page, click on then select to cut the "placeholder" object, run the Tools> Sort Objects feature, paste the "placeholder" object back into the page, export all files and that does it.
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2014 :  23:34:49  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, right!

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000