Dynamic HTML Editor
 XML
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sea Vipe
Novice

12 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2014 :  12:39:02  Show Profile  Visit Sea Vipe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have RSS1.XML in my project that was generated by DHTML in 2009, but for the life of me I can't figure out how it got generated. It was used as an RSS feed back then but I dropped that part of the project and would like to get it back up and running. I would prefer not to use a program like EditX or similar to create content. Here is the code snippet from the xml file:
<generator>Dynamic HTML Editor v.6.8 - http://www.hexagora.com</generator>

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2014 :  02:30:30  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You used the RSS object, in this way you have a simple editor that you can use to create rss feeds

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Sea Vipe
Novice

12 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2014 :  08:54:26  Show Profile  Visit Sea Vipe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Sea Vipe
Novice

12 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2014 :  09:02:19  Show Profile  Visit Sea Vipe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How is the existing RSS1.xml to be edited? The RSS1.xml file contains correct data. Double click offers only a link to existing file, change to "create" file and there of course are no fields available (and this will also overwrite the existing file.)
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2014 :  06:56:35  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You don't have to edit the RSS1.xml file, update the object on DHE and the file will be updated

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000