New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

StudentDonald
Practical

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  13:06:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sir, is your 1st name Lorenzi and your family name Davide? Or is it the other way. Here, if your family name is 1st there is usually a comma after it as in Smith, Peter. Sorry I'm confused as in my travels I have seen your name both ways without a comma.

On your contact page you have your curriculum posted in HTML and Word but it's in italiano. How about "curriculam/resume" and in english also? It would be nice to see where that fine mind of yours has been and it might make people feel a little more comfortable with your work and products.

Be it Mr. Lorenzi or Mr. Davide, you are on the ball mister.
Donald

Jan van Londen
Super User

Netherlands
208 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  17:33:01  Show Profile  Visit Jan van Londen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Student,

Is your familyname Student or Donald? I'm teasing you (and if I make mistakes, it is because my native language is Dutch) beacuse I often get confrontated with people from the USA who think that their cultur is what it is for the whole world. Well, it is not. The fact that you write $1,234,567.00 instead of ?1.234.567,00 like we do, is a funny difference. And I like these differences.
David writes in Italian, that is what he does. And yes, I don't mind. I can even read it a little. If it where in English also, but German or French would be nice to.
Anyway, if I cannot read something, I consider it my own problem, which I have to solve.

By the way, I think it's Davide Lorenzi, Lorenzi beeing the family name.

I hope I didn't offend you by making too much errors in my text.

Bye,
Londen.

Edited by - Jan van Londen on 06 Jun 2012 17:33:59
Go to Top of Page

StudentDonald
Practical

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  22:52:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok - sure - no problem!

You're absolutely right. Download, translate and read. Appears to have a degree in computer science from a special tech school and placed high in his class at 56 out of 60.
A computer whiz with other interests including english, french and sports.

(It's Mr. Lorenzi, and his first name is David for us pilgrims on this side of the pond.)

Thanks Jan

Edited by - StudentDonald on 07 Jun 2012 02:14:08
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2012 :  09:06:11  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Donald,

in Italy we have no rules when using name and surname but I understand that in some places there are; usually we use surname/name, when signing we prefer name/surname. Somethimes we use also surname in uppercase then name capitalized ;-)

My name or first name is Davide, like David in english or american, my family name or surname is Lorenzi ;-)

A very small resume of myself can be seen in linkedin ;-)

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

StudentDonald
Practical

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2012 :  12:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot David, I'll log in later and take a look. Also, I do feel more comfortable knowing that your second major language is english. And that may be true for others here in North America and the UK.

Thanks again.

Edited by - StudentDonald on 07 Jun 2012 12:54:46
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000