Mobile Redirect
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

Eclassbud
Practical

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  02:12:23  Show Profile  Visit Eclassbud's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I find the mobile redirect tool very useful. However, I was wondering if Kindle Fire will be added soon. This device has exploded onto the marketplace and I think adding it would be very useful. In the meantime, is there a way to add it using custom code?

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2012 :  08:53:51  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The support for Kindle and Kindle Fire has been added

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Eclassbud
Practical

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  00:08:12  Show Profile  Visit Eclassbud's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Davide,
Thank you for being so attentive to this forum and for adding the mobile redirect update. I've been using DHE for many years and I'll be using it for many more. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

rimsurfer
Practical

34 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  15:58:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
s.dav

are you planing on adding a export option specifically compliant to w3 mobile xhtml code? Like your html is totally green clean with them? I would love to use only your program for that and all my clients can now use a mini mobile rollover site as it is really huge in the US now. I hope I am not missing something and it is in there already or there is a work around or something I am not aware of.

Thanks.

ps I have to say again that you are amazing - brilliant mind - your user interface and design simplicity is unmatched. I recently reviewed over 7 of the other top editors looking for more templates and mobile options and compared to yours they are not even in the market. I really enjoy getting up and going to work in DHE.
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  17:33:50  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
rim,

the code should already be compatible with mobile browsers, obviously your page needs to be smaller in size.
There is an extension for setting additional options for the Iphone.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

rimsurfer
Practical

34 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2012 :  18:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can we start a section on mobile website design? I'm finding there are a lot of unique things to know about getting the page to render "generic well" across the major platforms. I bought a mobile design package to get started and it gave me some insights but I find they are so CLUNKY and creatively restrictive I just want to use DHE for everything I do now ...

Here are a few things I have found to do.Maybe others have found a better way in DHE

Resolving: SEO / INDEXING / CSS files / Footer usage and more
Create a separate folder on your computer for mobile sites
Create each client site in it's own folder there under a new project name
Set up the project defaults
clone the FTP setting but name it Mobile-"client" and set it to a folder on their hosting called /mobile
(this keeps the css files and other unique files separate and cleaner in their own files folder inside the mobile folder)
I am using the html settings for export (not xhtml) as I can't get w3 to come back green on the other options and that scares me to build a mobile site platform on - I have 80 sites and 30 mobiles up already and will eventually do them all and more. This will be a demanded option and huge here in the states in time. Most people under 30 don't hardly use their home computer much now.

I use a server side "detect and rollover" htaccess script, it is complex and large but open source - I get it direct from that source. I set the rollover url to the mobile folder and use a default.html page to open the mobile site. It detects most all mobiles by their device signature, I think I want to move to something simpler and I read around you can use the "screen size" to do the same thing ie anything under say 400 pix is most likely a hand held or mobile - anyone know of a good script for that? I was reluctant to use java as if they block or can not read java it might not work. Any problems there for those of you who use java to open the mobile site?

I set the robots.txt (in the root) and also the metas on all pages in the mobile site to disallow / noindex, no-cache - this avoids 2 outside issues of "duplicate content" and getting indexed in goog and having a desktop user end up disappointed or stuck over there in the mobile side.

I find if I do not add the <meta name="viewport" content="width=???" > in the header their device may open the site zoomed real small and it looks real ugly (put the width you are designing for - I use a generic 320 layout that scrolls down what ever length is needed)

I will stop here but if you have something to add or share or even a problem join in!
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2012 :  09:53:46  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rim,

the topic has been moved into the new requested section ;-)

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

szbardos
Novice

Hungary
3 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2012 :  12:38:05  Show Profile  Visit szbardos's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please help me to start in issue: mobile redirect. How can I start, where can I find these scripts?
Thanx!
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  08:55:55  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are using Dynamic HTML Editor version 6.x simply check for "Additional Components" and install all of them
Then check on extensions for "Mobile Redirect"

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000