cannot change htm file
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skyborn
Practical

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2011 :  03:44:55  Show Profile  Visit skyborn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have several *.htm files tied to "buttons" on the master page and on 5 other pages. The supporting files (grlablex/etc)work fine, but on any one of the several other pages clicking the "home" button gives me a 404 file not found. That's because each "home" button page referes back to index.htm.(master page) I had inadvertanly saved and exported 2 of these with Index.htm. Got the 404's on those pages. Problem is I went back and redid them with "index.htm as the link, saved and reexported and published them, uploaded to the site and they are still showing up in the online code as Index.htm. I have done this several times, and refreshed the code etc, but I cannot get the program to publish them right - as "index.htm" not Index.htm. What, please tell me am I doing wrong?

skyborn
Practical

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2011 :  20:56:34  Show Profile  Visit skyborn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for anyone who read it. Can't figure it out, but used a different program to edit the files and uploaded with filezilla. I'll figure it out someday. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2011 :  10:41:24  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Skyborn,

please give people the time to read your post ;-)

Simply change the "Index.dhe" file to "index.dhe" (with the 'I' in lowercase)

If the problem persists send me the project and I'll fix it for you; I've never changed a generated .htm file by hands; the program permits you to do what you want with your page.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000